Sunday, November 16, 2008

WTF?!?!? Summary of last couple gigs...

Ok... ADD time... and time to blog.  Fat Todd is Hungie.. and munching the left over PeeZaa.  Dammit Fat Todd.

So, growing up in the ghetz-o, I have seen my fair share of some wild joints.  The last couple of nights.  WOW.  I'm makin it a point not to repeat things you read in other blogs.  I've felt really bad over the last two gigs, as the bars were far too small to even have me play congas.  Over the tour I think I've made some huge strides on them... and when I can't add to songs I feel like I'm useless to the guys.  IE not contributing to the band.  Ehh  I'm just very very tired right now, and the upcoming gigs, I should be able to rock them out ;)

So Greenville, umm summary?  Security checking for knives at the door and if you had one, they swapped with a gun.  We walked in and immediaely were pointed out as "you must be the band?" But I must say, one of the best gigs of the tour.  Another location that I would term as turned into fans of The Shibs.  People were like who the hell are you... and rocked it at the end.  Colin signed drumsticks, we sold a ton of stuff, made some money for a change, sold cd's, and had people wanting to sign us up for repeat gigs.  No worries it's only 700 miles back :)  Thanks guys for making some out of towners feel welcome.  Add to it, thanks to Art Riejunio www.riejunio.com for some sweet amazing tee's that you will see us rocking back in mad-town, we sent several people to the site.  Shirley and Georgia, if you are keepin track of this.. let him know we have hooked him some sales.  Least we could do for the awesome ass tees.

Tonight.. well.. umm... to not repeat what Fat T-zodd said... it suked.  HARD.  Worst gig of my career playing harp.  People wanted to kill us... Literally.  Fastest Tear down of the entire tour. and I will just leave it as a lesson learned.  Maybe if we were a punk band, we would have had a chance.  Truth be told, well, at least the stash is rockin on C- Boogie.  We will kick ash tomorrow...  7 hours to the next gig....

Wiser Time by the Black Crows makes sense to me now.  Looking forward to rockin with you all back in town...

Mouse out