Friday, November 7, 2008

THE SHIBS


Early Friday morning, just got back from the gig in Maryville, TN at Brackins Blues Club, and have made the 30 minute drive to Knoxville and our Holiday Inn...a step up from the Super 8. Not a Holiday Inn Express...kinda pissed...but I'm over it.

We straight up were ballin' tonight. It was an older crowd and the place reminded me of Stellas except more bluesy and the fact that many many legends of music have played at this joint. People were diggin' it once again...an old guy in suit bought us a round...two guys talked with to me about real cajun food after the first set...and I talked to a dude named Wayne after the show about life. Drank some Yuengling tonight...my Uncle Bob would be proud.

On a lighter note, we are changing our band name to The Shibs. No questions asked. Song done.

JBones gave the show a 6 out of 10 on The Shibs show rating scale. I disagree with him...it's all because he turned his own bass down because be were at a blues bar. His own fault...that's what I say. I told him to turn it up after the first set...he said no. I even told him that I loved him during 'Everything' and he just snickered at me. I then turned to Colin and said the same thing...of course I got an I love you back right away from him. I think JB was in a bad mood...I'm done. K Byeeeeeeee.

Andy