Monday, November 10, 2008

Day 5??????


In Asheville, NC last night...played a show at The New French Bar. Asheville reminds me a lot of Madison, very progressive and lots of hippies and hobos. We got all set up and ready to go, and a local band came called John Wilkes Booth and the Sabretooth came in and said they were supposed to open. Don't think that was their actually name...but whatever. Lead singer looked like John Wilkes Booth. Pics to follow.

We ended up getting on stage around 11:30pm...played two 45 minute sets that went relatively well...and called it a night. Thanks to The Asheville Film Festival Rejects, we had quite a crowd. Talked to some people after the show named John (from Louisville) and Mary Ann (from Germany). They loved our music...Mary Ann actually asked me if we were famous in the States...very nice...and they bought me a $7.50 shot of some Vodka drink...thank you.

Highlight of the night...my cousins and uncle made it to the show. A pic of all of us is directly below this post. I want to thank them for coming out, it was really nice to see some familiar faces in the crowd. JB's SSRS...6 out of 10. Not bad considering the start to the night.

*Tour update*
We don't hate eachother yet. I tried to stab Colin with a pencil yesterday...but that's about it...pretty innocent stuff. Oh, and I'm a little mad at JB from the second night still...and he knows it. He keeps trying to buy me things to make up for it but I'm not letting it go that easy. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay mad at him though, his pouting lips are getting to me.