Monday, November 24, 2008

Not a Summary of the Tour.... But

Hey Y'all... It's the flowery, wordy, harp player layin down the science on the last couple of gigs. I'm not pullin out my tour summary yet... but I am chattin about the last couple.

So at this moment I can't remember which gigs I have talked about or not... so I'm just going to drop the words on the last times that I can recall. Since when have I been structured?

Monday brought us home. Work and responsibility for me, however a headline at the high noon was waiting. What a kewl night. Thank you all for showing up in force. We put a good crowd in the place and for a Monday night, we rocked the house. A great homecoming for the SHIBS and good music for us all. I was able to sit in with the opener, which was a ton of fun. I am a SHIB as long as I'm allowed to be a SHIB, but I still enjoy playing different music with different people.... Thanks Adam for lettin me jam... and the other Shibs for being kewl enough for letting me jam...

The next night we were in a place that I only dreamed of playing... bigger than the music, I was able to see my Grandmother before she passed. God Speed Grandma. With a heavy heart, I personally was in awe that we were playing Martyrs. The crowd wasn't what we wanted, but those that were there stayed.... I again got to sit in with the opener Jon Drake and had a ton of fun playing that night. Dream accomplished.

The next couple of nights were just amazing. Rocking the heck out of the Up and Under, and the hope is to be back soon... what a great club. We put a ton of people into Lucky's... Jordan and friends... Not to mention Miranda who brought a huge crew and worked her ash off bringing people in.... We are playing better than ever and the crowd seemed to just feed off of us. Add to that I didn't have to defeat the cobra KAI and it was a great night.

To wrap it all up... we put more people than Stella's have ever seen into the bar. My Aunt Jeanie and her friend Tina drove up from Chicago to see us, the crowd was INSANE, Shera and her friend showed up (who I haven't seen in like 3 years), Magdawg and Nick were on the scene... and those are just the tip of the ice-berg. We played out of our minds and it was only rightous to finish the tour as we did.

Sadly, I'm off to a funeral tomorrow afternoon, and a internment on Wed. I promise to work on the photos, and add some to this post... as well as my thoughts on the tour as a whole. It's been a sur-real experience with some of the best guys I have ever had the honor to step on stage with.. C-Boogie, C-Stash, That Homeless Guy included....

Til the next post..... I'm off to work on the pics....

Mouse out.