Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Southern Tour Wrap-Up









As promised...the tour wrap-up is here. The tour was quite an experience...something not a lot of people in this world get to experience...even it if was on a smaller scale than most tours you and I are familiar with. I must say that it went really really fast...I tried my best to soak in each city, venue, and person we came across...and to keep each experience independent from the rest...but that was hard to do. I remember some stand out moments...but there is so much going on...it kind of meshes all together.

The thing I will remember most about this tour is the people down south. Almost every single person we met down here was nice to us...with the exception of the folks at the P & H Cafe. It was actually quite amazing to me how well we were treated and received...it made me feel comfortable...and I'm sure the other guys felt the same. The pace of life is so much slower down south than it is here in the Madison area. I feel like we are moving at 100 mph all the time, while the people down south are moving at 50 mph. They talk a lot slower, move a lot slower, and don't take things nearly as serious as we all do up here. Perhaps we could learn a thing or two from that.

Southern hospitaltiy is alive and well. The stay with Georgia and Shirley assured that. Two of the nicest women I've met in my life...made us all feel at home when we were far from it.

All in all, the tour was awesome...and I can't wait to do it again. I think it's safe to say that we all became better musicians and performers as a result. Good times.

Favorite Show: Wild Wing Cafe in Savannah, GA


Favorite People: All the people at Leo's Cafe (especially John and Leo)



















Favorite Food: The Waffle House in Greenville, AL at 4 am with JB

Favorite Beach: Tybee Island, GA (had to mention it one more time)












Last but not least...thanks to all of you who read the blog along the way. Although quite random at times...hope it was a fun read. If you have any questions for me about the tour...ask. Also, I plan to continue blogging for all who are interested...so keep checking back. The SHIBs need you!