Tuesday, April 14, 2009

There is a long hard road.......

Hola my friends....

Wow, what a couple of days. I really don't know what to say after everything that has gone down. But I will drop some werds all short and sweet, cause I'm tired, lil drunk, and worried about my 9 to 5 gig....

So this is the short post... look for more tomorrow night... but I have some thoughts in brief that I must share....

We played Eddie's Attic tonight... A legendary venue where the best of the very very very very best walk the land. Musicians that keep me in awe, of the craft I dream of being a part of.

The Shibs had a slot to play.... only 2 songs.... which is all you get... and only 3 members. So last night we talked it over and the guys agreed that Harks, Andy, and I would walk the walk. It was never just the 3 of us playing cause in my mind, we are always a team, but wow. Just wow. I forever will tip my hat to the entire band... the pleasure and honor is mine jamming with these guys... never the less...

a) We made the finals. We weren't selected as the winner, but we made the finals.
b) The audio will be posted shortly
c) How does one get as lucky as this. Rauk.

Never the less... Sleepy time for mouse.... But what a ride for the Shibs... more to follow....
including pics...

Mouse

PS: The "blackest" white guy you will ever see.... Comment from Hurley, a black woman in the crowd after we jammed.

PPS How does one accept the above comment... and being told that you have the most passionate, blackest soul I have ever seen... Thank you doesn't work :)

PPPS: For those that are religious.... Send Prayers out to Darren Hagen, a friend of mine that was hurt badly in a Sprint Car wreck at Eldora. We all take our rides....