Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 2, which follows Day 1

Holla,

Your resident harp player here... not able to sleep, so droppin some werds on the blog. I don't know why I'm not droppin over... Work had me up for 40 plus hours consecutive before I headed out on this trip, but never the less I'm here.

Major thanks out to the new Wifey... Jillian. Still awesome to say "wife" Jillian.. and yes I tied the knot. I never thought it would change things but it has, shifting my perceptions on things, and re-lighting the fire that was still burning, but now more focused. Scared yet? I am. In that I'm going to kick some ash kinda way...

So to catch you up on things from the view of the mouse... Got married, want spring, playing congas more, have the racing bug rather bad, taking some amazing pics, focused more, learning advanced management skillz, and trying to deciede what mountain to climb next. Rauk.

The shibs are on tour. The counts right now...
Colin 2 for 2 with major wounds
Burrito count: 2
Strip club like venues 1
Trailer Park Boys DVD's viewed: 3
Cop's that we thought were going to bust us: 1
Guys' in wierd liquor stores that resemble giant blue berries: 1
Smells that induce nausea in normal people, but were created by people: 3.14

Ok. First night was Georgio's. Great venue, cool peeps, but you could tell they didn't have live music much. People would not move so we could set up and despite the coolness of McPhil rollin down and Jillian giving me a ride to the gig (worked too long and would have missed the entire tour otherwise) (best wife eva?) it just seemed like the vibe wasn't there. Tons of people, great bar, awesome drinks, but crowd interaction wise it seemed flat. Regardless we rocked hard and Andy is writing some killer tunes. Tour brings a band tighter and SommerSalt (speeled wrong for humor effect) rocks.

Tonight was umm... wierd. The Cage was the venue and umm well err Fauk It .. Here:

So yeah.. Unique. And I will likely leave it at that. Unique.

We were thinking of starting our own wall o shame for places that are not all that band kind. Now don't get me wrong. Karen was a saint and it was a unique cool place to play, but we have our reasons that's for sure.

Well long drive ahead tomorrow. For those that are following this, and work at a company that shall not be named that I'm employed at, please do not share that I am on the road. I'm just taking a week away to gather my thoughts and relax, not travel the country, write drivel on the internet at odd hours, and rock out with some of the best musicians a guy could ask to rauk out with. Remeber, I'm married and settled down now...

Song done on blog 1... Time to get some work done while the guys sleep... and yes I am doing real work for the company that shall not be named...

Be safe and take care.

Til next time.....

Mouse

PS Picks of the tour.... and yes I will drop this link like it's hot quite often...

http://picasaweb.google.com/mouse21a/ShibsSpringTour09#