Monday, August 24, 2009

Thanks be to Shibs

Holla y'all.....

So yep... that just happened... again.

Like Andy... been a while since I blogged. Here is the science all short and sweet with flowery language all withheld.

Notes from the Adams Reception:

Colin can rock (duh)... Subatomic rock.... and can rock with another drummer....

"DUDE... you fu*kers sound just like Always Sunny" -- bartender at the reception

"People were asking if that was really a wedding reception because the party was so cool it didn't seem like they just got married"

12 people on stage... no one knowing the song, where it was to go... but in the end... we all put the load back on me (reference to The Weight by The Band which was played). I hoped to take a rock band, a folk/indy/punk/shibs band, a heavy rock band all of which could play outside of themselves, put them in a place where we could play without bounds and see what came out. I think it worked. And if your down, I'm down... and want to do it again.

Random dude wedding crashing, helped himself to cake...smoked a bud on the dance floor, and left....

15 minute Black Majik Woman with THE Jon French.

Freedom and Oceanview descending to Jam land with Brian Moll Ripping it up.

Sympathy for the Devil being learned and resulting in a 20 minute jam.

Can't you see -> Day man -> Smoke 2 Joints -> Mouse freestyle rap ->band solos (matt included) -> Can't you see

Stormy Monday being played in the wrong Key... But thanks to learning minors, the blond guy made it happen with only 2 people hearing the difference.

and in the end... when it's all over... I'm blessed with a wife that believes in me, believes in The Shibs and is in the same level of amazement over how talented you guys are.

So, before I retire tonight... I have to say, that I have about 10 more points that I can drop, but need some sleep. I do know though that it as been really tough for your resident geek harp player to miss a couple of gigs. I can say additionally, that this band, and the people that were at the reception this weekend... are my true family. Although I may miss a party or two... it doesn't mean that I wanted to be somewhere else... only that I had no choice but to be somewhere else.

Thank you guys for rockin out last night. It's been a wild ride.... and I'm sure there's more to come... I'll make it up to you guys for sure...

I'm out like a vinyl jacket....

Mouse