Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry

Hey ya'all... resident harp player here....

Just thought I would make a quick post to tell you all a very Merry one.  New Years is generally a bigger deal for yours truely... so look for something good then.  Regardless....

When I was growing up.. back in the day... I was brought up with the whole Santa Claus thing... but the wrinkle was, my Pops letting me hang in the kitchen way past bedtime listening to a guy by the name of Bob Collins broadcasting out of WGN radio in Chi-Town.  A huge blues fan, and generally one of the best DJ's of all time.  Played everything from soup to nuts on the radio...  So as is tradition, even back in the day, at the end of Christmas, Dad and I would call it a night with Eddie C Cambell, playing Santa's messin wit tha kid.  So for the hell of it, I google Bob Collins... and the show they published out on the interweb;  The last show I listened to live with pops....  Unreal.  Get a taste here:  http://wgnradio.com/shows/collins_bob/audio/index.htm  No Eddie C on this night... but regardless... a blast from the past.

With that being said...  Merry Christmas to you all.... It's been a helluva ride... and I somehow think it's just begun.

Best to you and yours.... and remeber, if your reading this.... we are still part of this ride.  Be safe on this holiday, and toast those that have passed, those that are still here, and those that are strangely inbetween.  

All my best....

mouse